Recipe: Whole Wheat Biscuits
Summary: Moist, great tasting biscuits make a great addition to any meal.
- 2 c. whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 to 1 c. non-dairy milk
- 2 tbsp. canola or safflower oil
- 1 tbsp. agave or honey
- Stir together all dry ingredients.
- Add 2/3 cup non-dairy milk, oil, and agave honey. Stir until just moistened. Add more milk if necessary. Hand mix the dough. Roll it out on floured surface so that it’s 1/2 inch thick. Cut out 2 inch round biscuits and lay flat on cookie sheet.
- You can make muffins or drop biscuits, by adding a bit more milk.
- Bake on greased cookie sheet or muffin pan.
- Cook 400 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes until golden brown.
Cooking time (duration): 15 min
Diet type: Vegan
Meal type: dinner
Microformatting by hRecipe.