Recipe: Pumpkin Waffles
Summary: Now this is a great way to start your day. Healthy, delicious and they really stick with you. These are my absolute favorite breakfast to have before any long run.
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- 3/4 cup sorghum flour
- 2 tablespoons potato starch (or corn starch)
- 4 tablespoon ground flax seeds
- ¼ cup rolled oats
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 large pinch cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 3/4 cup organic solid-pack canned pumpkin
- 1 1/2 cups oat milk, water, or other non-dairy milk
- 2 tablespoons orange juice (optional)
- Mix all ingredients except orange juice and set aside to rest while you heat your waffle iron.
- Once the waffle iron is hot, add the orange juice to the batter and stir. Spray the iron lightly with canola oil and follow manufacturer’s directions to make waffles. (Batter will be very thick; add more orange juice or water if you want a thinner batter.) Spoon batter into waffle iron, cook to desired crispiness and eat.
- You may need to spray the iron between waffles to avoid sticking.
Cooking time (duration): 15 min
Diet (other): Gluten free
Meal type: breakfast
Microformatting by hRecipe.